Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Energy by Mike, Byron, and Carlito

We have been learning about energy in Science. Did you know that energy is not created or destroyed? We learned that everything can have potential energy or kinetic energy. Potential energy is energy that is stored. Kinetic Energy is the energy of movement. Our class has a lot of kinetic energy. There are a lot of different kinds of energy. A few examples are sound, heat, light, and electric energy. We also learned an object + force + motion = work. Energy is the ability to do work!

zondle - games to support learning

1 comment:

  1. Oh man!! My car was the last one to cross the finish line. Perhaps it would help if I knew what a "spoiler" was. :)

    Thanks for all the information on energy. I did not realize that on a roller-coaster the potential and kinetic energy keep switching, so thank you for teaching me that this morning!!

    I think my daughter has lots of kinetic energy, just like your class. I have more potential energy than kinetic energy, I think. :) What kind of energy do you have more of when you are sleeping?

    Here's my question for you...What kind of energy did my cup of coffee give my body?? Ask your teacher and see if she has an answer if you don't know. Let me know what you find out! :)

    I love learning about science! It is one of my favorite subjects! I can't wait to read more about the things you are learning in your class. Say "Hi" to your teacher for me!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete